e

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A comment from Lars..

Hi, if you want to add comments but don't want to register on this website, please send them to me and I will add them.

Here's what Lars a friend of mine in Sweden wanted to say..

"I'm about going totally crazy. Don't you ever use white text on blackbackground again, I'm seeing lines all over the place. I'm getting problems with reading and I'm just on day 8.

Alright, to the topic. Fantastic thing to do, I wouldn't think that of you. Biking around 850 miles. Good stuff, next time you can do it in 10days or so. Or make Sweden from south to north, just over 1300 miles!

You are good in writing, not to short, not too long and some jokes aswell. Extra plus for using a mountain bike. But getting advice of seat hights on day 8, absolute beginners? Northernlight in England, forget about it. Maybe on the west coast of northernScotland! Any one handled the opportunity to get merried in Getna Green?

Langholm is and old viking place, comes from LĂ„ngholmen - Longislet inenglish. I never thought I would hear from an english man that he's fedup with fry up. Well, let see if you still are eating veggies when I come over! A DVD, well I must get a copy!!! No flat tires?

Wick is also scandinavian word, comes from vik and means bay. A fantastic effort

Barnie, very good to have strengh to write after every day as well. Loads of food and beer during the trip, did you loose or gain anystones?"

In answer to Lars questions:

  • No punctures or weddings at Gretna, although we did have to share double beds on several occassions.
  • Northern lights (in Scotland) appear at the Spring and Autumn equinoxes apparently.
  • Approximate total mileage was 930 miles.
  • Yes the seat height thing was funny, I think it was more of a set up for sprinting vs set up for touring, well that's my story and I'm sticking to it..
  • I am working on a photo DVD, the film will come later when Matt is back from his Motor biking Romanian adventures..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home