e

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Start Day -3: Wednesday 19 July 2006

Preperations underway

Still oustanding:

Some B&B bookings
Transport - Rail Strike is off!
Packing
Last minute preparation


More

Well I probably am not as fit as I should be for this ride, I would like to be doing a few 60 mile rides with no problem, pretty much where I was last summer. Having done London to Cambridge with relative ease.

I did about 40k on the bike today, about 16 on the road and the rest in the gym, the latter being tougher relatively speaking. Now its time time to rest so I won't be doing any more serious distance, till Saturday. I've been cycling to work for about 2 months now, pretty much five days a week.

I do have contingency plans so I won't necessarily ride the whole distance. If it comes to I don't want to do myself harm bearing in mind the lack of preparation. I have done distances so I know a little about what is involved. So I anticpate taking the train if necessary and riding other bits, I don't see that as a problem - those of you who are sponsoring should be aware of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home